Face Search Terms and Conditions
GOLDEN WALK FACE SEARCH 2019 COMPETITION (“COMPETITION”)
COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS (“T’s & C’s”)
Date these T’s and C’s were first published: 8 July 2019
Date these T’s and C’s were last changed: N/A
These T’s & C’s, as may be amended from time to time, explain your rights and duties in respect of the Competition. If you take part in this Competition and/or accept any prize, these T’s and C’s will apply to you. Please read the T’s and C’s carefully, and pay special attention to all the terms printed in bold.
|1.||Competition name:||Golden Walk Face Search 2019|
|This Competition is conducted and organized by the Golden Walk Mall (“Mall”) and offered by Redefine Properties Limited (Registration Number: 1999/018591/06) (“Landlord”). In these T’s & C’s we refer to the above promoter(s) as “the Landlord” and the entrants as “the Participant(s)” or “you”.|
Who may enter the Competition?
|To enter the Competition, a Participant must:
3.1 be between the ages of 18- 65 years; and
3.2 be able to furnish the Landlord with identification in the form of a copy of their identity document, passport or South African drivers licence; and
3.3 be in possession of and/or capable of allowing for the capture of (as per 6 below) the following unedited photographs:
(i) 1x photograph of himself/ herself sporting the following attire: (a)street wear; (b) formal wear; and (c) smart casual wear; and
(ii) 1 head and shoulder photograph of himself/herself
3.4 be willing and available to participate in photo-shoots, campaigns and attend events as the Mall ambassador, as and when s/he is required to do so by the Landlord.
|4.||Who cannot enter the Competition?||The Competition may not be entered into by any director, member, partner, employee, agent, consultant, tenant of the Landlord at the Mall, the marketing service providers and/or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by these entities, including their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members.|
|5.||Entry Period:||The Competition entry period runs from 13 July 2019 until 24 August 2019 (“Entry Period”). Standard network rates will be applicable depending on your service provider. Any entries received outside of the Entry Period will not be taken into consideration.|
|6.||How to enter?||To enter the Competition, a Participant will be required, for the duration of the Entry Period to:
a. visit the Mall website: www.goldenwalkcentre.co.za; and
b. navigate the page to find the face search competition tab (“Competition Tab”); and
c. select and open the Competition Tab; and
d. complete the requested personal details; and
e. upload your Photographs and follow the prompts to complete your entry (“Complete Entry”). If a Participant is not in possession of the required Photographs, s/he must make his/her way to the Mall studio located in the centre court of the Mall on Thursday – Saturday between 11h00 until 15h00 during the Entry Period (“Studio Times”) to have Photographs captured.
Participants will receive a confirmation SMS/email/ tracking number upon submitting a Completed Entry.
Upon compliance with (a) and (e) above a Participant will automatically be deemed to have entered the Competition.
|7.||Limitation on entries||A Participant may only enter once during the Competition Period. If duplicate entries are received, the Landlord shall have the discretion on which Completed Entry to consider.|
|8.||Selection of Winners||Upon expiry of the Entry Period, the Landlord together with the judges (“Judges”) will score all Completed Entries received based on the Participants age, quality of photographs, social media presence and/or fit to the particular category. A detailed summary of the judging criteria is available on the Mall page: http://www.goldenwalkcentre.co.za/
The Judges will pick 2x winners (“Ambassadors”) in each of the following categories based on the Participant with the highest score in that category. The categories include:
1. Baby Butterflies (“Category 1”);
2. Dream catches (“Category 2”); and/or
3. Confident Communicators (“Category 3”).
All Ambassadors will be contacted and their names published on the Mall website and/or Facebook page (“Mall Social Media”).
|9.||Prizes to be won||Each Ambassador will receive a R5 000.00 (Five Thousand Rand) Mall shopping voucher (“Prize”) courtesy of the Landlord and subject to the terms and conditions that may be imposed by the Landlord from time to time.
None of the prizes are transferable and will not be changed, deferred or exchanged for cash for any reason whatsoever.
|10.||Upliftment of prizes||Once the Ambassadors have been announced, the Ambassador must make their way to the centre management offices (“Centre Management”) located at the Mall during Mall trading hours. The Ambassadors must appear in person and be able furnish the Landlord with proof of identification upon upliftment of the Prize. Ambassadors are advised that they will be required to enter into an agreement with the Landlord before commencing with his/her duties as an Ambassador.|
|11.||How will the Winner/s be informed?
|The Landlord will use all reasonable efforts to contact the Ambassador during trading hours either telephonically or via email on the contact number or email address provided by the Ambassador in respect of his/her Completed Entry.
If the Landlord is unable to contact or reach the Ambassador within 14 (fourteen) days of announcing the Ambassadors names, the Completed Entry by that Ambassador will be disqualified and the Participant with the next highest score will be selected by the Landlord as an Ambassador (“Replacement Ambassador”). The Replacement Ambassador will also be contacted by the Landlord via email or telephonically, as soon as reasonably practicable.
a. First name and surname;
b. Physical address;
c. Email address;
d. Mobile number; and/or
e. Images/ photographs.
Personal information which a Participant provides to the Landlord when entering the Competition, may, subject to prevailing law, be used for future marketing activity by the Landlord, unless the Participant duly notifies the Landlord that he/she wishes to opt out of receiving such marketing communications. The Landlord warrants that the personal information will be treated in a confidential manner and will not be shared with any unauthorised third parties. The Landlord will disclose the personal information only if required to do so by law.
|13.||Platform where these T’s & C’s can be found:||For the duration of the Competition Period, a copy of these T’s and C’s can, at no cost –
1. be found on the following website www.goldenwalkcentre.co.za, or;
2. be obtained from centre management during Trading Hours or;
3. be requested telephonically on telephone number 011 677 3992.
|14.||General terms||1. The Landlord reserves the right to terminate the Competition with immediate effect before the end of the Competition Period at any time, if deemed necessary in its sole discretion or if circumstances arise outside of its control. No Participant will have any claim against the Landlord for such a termination.
2. The Landlord shall not be responsible for any loss or misdirected entries, including but not limited to entries that were not received due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems affecting participating in the Competition.
3. Participation in the Competition constitutes automatic acceptance of the T’s and C’s contained herein and the Participant agrees to abide by the T’s and C’s.
4. Ambassadors may not win any Mall Competition more than once in a 30-day period. Any winners drawn who have won in the last 30 days will be disqualified from any such Competition and another winner will be drawn.
5. Ambassadors in respect of the Competition may be requested to be photographed so that their photographs may be used for future promotional purposes in relation to the Mall. Promoting platforms will include the Mall Facebook page, website page and shopping centre retail industry publications. No fees will be payable in this regard.
6. The Landlord does not make any representations or give any warranties, whether express or implicit, that the Participant’s participation in this Competition will necessarily result in the Participant winning a prize or that the aforesaid Prizes will meet the Participant’s unique requirements, preferences, standards or expectations.
7. To the extent permissible in law, the Landlord is not responsible and cannot be held liable for any accident, injury, harm, death, loss or damages of whatsoever nature, howsoever arising, as a result of the Participant’s participation in this Promotion, unless the Landlord acted fraudulently or with gross negligence.
8. Participants are obliged to comply with all applicable laws, including those laws protecting the intellectual property rights of other parties.
9. These T’s and C’s will be construed, interpreted and enforced in terms of South African law.
10. The Landlord will make a final and binding decision in respect of all matters relating to the results, qualifiers and disputes relating to the Promotion, and no correspondence will be entered into.
|15.||Amendment of T’s and C’s||If considered necessary, the Landlord reserves the right to amend the T’s and C’s by providing reasonable prior notice.
|16.||Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Competition are to be directed to:||Name : Paula Lamprecht (Marketing Manager)
Telephone : 011 677 3992
Email : PaulaL@redefine.co.za